DSL Extreme
Where are you? Support > Knowledge Base > Email and Newsgroups > Newsgroups > Netscape 7.0 Newsgroups Setup

Netscape 7.0 Newsgroups Setup

 Creating New Newsgroups Accounts:

Newsgroups are discussion groups. They are similar to chats only they are necessarily in real time. Newsgroups cover almost every subject imaginable, and therefore, appeal to a wide variety of people. A newsgroups client functions they same way as an e-mail client.
To create new newsgroups accounts, follow these steps:
On the Toolbar, click Window and select Mail & Newsgroups from the menu.

Netscape Mail opens.
On the Toolbar, click Edit and select Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings from the menu.

Towards the bottom-left corner, click Add Account.

The Account Wizard launches.
Select Newsgroup account.
Click Next to continue.

Your Name = enter your name.
Email Address = [email protected]
Click Next to continue.

Newsgroup Server = news.dslextreme.com
Click Next to continue.

Account Name = give the account a name. It should be intuitive, especially if you plan on making more than one account. This will help you distinguish one from another. In this example, I named it 'News'.
Click Next to continue.

Click Finish to complete the wizard.
Close the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings window.

To log into the news server you will need your email address and password
username = your [email protected]
Password = your email password

Search our Knowledge Base

Do the links above not match what problem you're trying to solve or question you might have? With over 600 articles and growing our Knowledge Base most likely has what you're looking for.

Enter a Search Term: Or do an Advanced Search

Don't want to search? Go to our Knowledge Base directly

Send an Email to a Representative

Sales & Information

Have some pre-sales questions about our packages or features?

Billing Department

Have a question about your bill or upgrading your package?

Technical Support

Having problems with your Connection? Or setting up your email?

02

  I want to thank the person that helped me. They were great and I learned 2 new things about my email.

From Talia S.

  • @wasi_r @DSL Extreme Thanks for the awesome service. I am loving it. Also thanks to @leolaporte and @TWiT
  • @jank0 Wanted to thank @DSL Extreme